Sunday, June 30, 2013

Views from my Bike

Since moving to the countryside I haven't been on a bike ride. There are two reasons for this, one, the speed limits on the roads here are 55 miles per hour, two, there aren't any sidewalks to ride on so I'm forced to ride in the street.

When I was a teenager, I was hit by a car while riding my bicycle to work. It was an older gentleman who didn't stop for a stop sign. He wasn't going very fast so I didn't suffer any major injuries except for some scrapes and bruises, but the event itself was terrifying. So the idea of fighting speeding vehicles for some road space has not been at the top of my to do list.

I loved riding my bike. 
I really loved riding my bike in the evenings, 
when the world begins to 
settle down. 
I really missed riding my bike. 

Tonight, I ventured out and (put on my helmet) went for my first bike ride in our rural neighborhood. I was a little nervous, but I did it. Here are some views of my surroundings.







No comments:

Post a Comment